ISE Mission Partners: National Maritime Intelligence-Integration Office
National Maritime Intelligence-Integration Office Overview
The mission of the National Maritime Intelligence-Integration Office (NMIO) is to advance maritime intelligence integration, information sharing, and domain awareness to foster unity of effort for decision advantage that protects the United States, its allies, and partners against threats in or emanating from the global maritime domain. It accomplishes this by ensuring that the best possible intelligence is integrated into national policy and operational decisions. The NMIO staff is located at the National Maritime Intelligence Center in Suitland, MD.
NMIO’s Director is the principal advisor to the Director of National Intelligence on maritime issues. As the unified maritime voice of the Intelligence Community, NMIO also provides direct support to the National Security Staff and its related Interagency Policy Committees.
The NMIO is a critical ISE mission partner. Its whole of government maritime solution leverages domestic and global partnerships to close analytic and collection gaps to create government-wide unity of effort as a single integrated team. Please visit these websites to learn more about their information sharing efforts.
- National Maritime Intelligence-Integration Office homepage
- National Strategy for Global Supply Chain Security
- National Strategy for Maritime Security
- National Plan to Achieve Maritime Domain Awareness
- National Concept of Operations for Maritime Domain Awareness
- Intelligence Community Directive 902, Global Maritime & Air Intelligence Integration