ISE's Participation in the Open Government Initiative
My Administration is creating an unprecedented level of openness in government. We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration. Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.
- President Barack Obama, January 21, 2009
On his first day in Office, President Obama signed a Memorandum on Transparency and Open Government, ushering in a new era of open and accountable government meant to bridge the gap between the American people and their government. The Memorandum sought to empower the American public through greater openness and new technologies allowing them to influence the decisions that affect their lives.
Since then, the White House has released the Digital Government Strategy and President Obama signed Executive Order: Making Open and Machine Readable the New Default for Government Information. You can follow our work in support of these directives:
What are we working on?
- Our work in support of the Digital Government Strategy is listed at ise.gov/digitalstrategy
- The documentation for this site's content API is at ise.gov/developers
- Visit us on GitHub at @info-sharing-environment
- Check out our recent blog post about our open gov thinking and planning: Open Data and Digital Government Best Practices in National Security Information Sharing
Check out our recent work by reading blog posts tagged with "open gov."