PM-ISE Website Policy
Approved July 29, 2011
The Office of the Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment (PM-ISE) website (ISE.gov) is provided as a public service for the purpose of sharing information about the Information Sharing Environment (ISE) with mission partners, key stakeholders, and the general public. Please note that the PM-ISE is an administrative component of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and complies with ODNI regulations, policies, and federal record-keeping requirements.
Browsing the ISE.gov Website:
The content of this website may be browsed anonymously. This website automatically logs certain information about your visit, such as:
- The Internet Domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our website;
- The type of web browser and operating system of the computer you use to access our site;
- The date and time you visit the site;
- The pages you visit on our site;
- If you clicked on a link to our websites from another website, the address of that website; and
- If you clicked on a link to our websites from a search website, the address of the website and the search term you used.
This information does not identify you personally. The information gathered helps us to assess the content most interesting to visitors, determine technical design specifications, and identify system performance issues.
The ISE.gov website uses multi-session cookies to differentiate between new and returning users. These cookies also gather aggregated statistical data and measurements on website usage that PM-ISE uses to improve website functionality. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you and are not permanent. In addition, to protect your privacy, the PM-ISE does not collect or maintain any information that could be used to identify you through these cookies.
If you do not wish to have these cookies placed on your computer, you can adjust your Web browser’s settings. Instructions for disabling or opting out of cookies in the most popular browsers can be found at usa.gov.
If You Send Us Personal Informationor Choose to Use our Interactive Features
Any personal information you provide in the context of an official inquiry or request for information will be used only to respond to your inquiry or request. We will not share your personal information with another government agency unless you have expressly requested we do so, or as otherwise required by law as described in the Site Security notice below. In addition, PM-ISE will not provide your information to any private organization for commercial purposes.
If you choose to create an account on the ISE.gov website, you will be required to provide a minimal amount of personal information in order to establish an account, which will include a username, email address, and a user-generated password. For additional information, please refer to the PM-ISE Social Media and Comment Policy (below).
Links to Other Sites
The PM-ISE website may contain information with links to information created and maintained by other U.S. Government agencies and, in some instances, to state, local, tribal, or private organizations. Please note that these external links are provided as a convenience to you as a user.
If you are browsing the PM-ISE website and select a link to an external website, you will leave the official PM-ISE government website. Once you leave our website, you will be subject to the privacy and security policies of the owner/sponsor of the external website. A pop-up window will notify you when you are leaving the official ISE.gov website for a non-Federal government (.gov) website.
Please note that:
- PM-ISE does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- PM-ISE does not endorse the individual or organizations sponsoring linked websites, and does not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- PM-ISE does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- PM-ISE is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- PM-ISE does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Third Party Social Media Sites
In addition to our official government website, PM-ISE uses third-party social media sites to provide content in a different format that may be useful or interesting to you. When we use these sites, the information we provide is consistent with the official business of the PM-ISE and the ISE. When you visit the official PM-ISE pages on these third-party sites, no personally identifiable information will be collected by PM-ISE about your visit. However, each social media site has its own privacy protections and policies. Users are encouraged to review the privacy policies before registering or using these sites, as well as the PM-ISE’s Social Media and Comment Policy (below).
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system monitors network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, to defeat or circumvent a security feature, to interfere with system access or availability, or to cause damage or utilize this system for other than its intended purposes. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring and is advised that if such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to appropriate law enforcement officials.
Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, to defeat or circumvent a security feature, to interfere with system access or availability, or to cause damage or utilize this system for other than its intended purposes, are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law, including but not limited to the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. 1030) and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
PM-ISE Social Media and Comment Policy
Approved July 29, 2011; Updated May 15, 2012
For questions of comments about policy updates and changes, please contact us.
The use of social media by the Office of the Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment (PM-ISE) supports the Administration’s commitment to openness and transparency in government and ensures the broadest means of sharing information with ISE mission partners, key stakeholders, and the public. This policy applies to the social media activities and interactions of the PM-ISE to facilitate communication.
PM-ISE Use of Social Media
Below is a list of social media used by PM-ISE to provide timely and relevant information on the work of the ISE and its mission partners.
- Blogs The PM-ISE maintains blogs as an official government resource to communicate with mission partners, stakeholders, and the public. Users are encouraged to share their comments and ideas.
- RSS Feeds Really Simple Syndication (RSS) allows users to subscribe to receive updates when new information is posted to a blog or other news feature. Information delivered through the use of RSS is referred to as a “feed.” The ISE.gov website supports RSS feed subscriptions for several items, including the ISE Blog and other news features.
- Social Networking Sites and Micro-Blogs PM-ISE maintains official pages and accounts on third-party social networking sites and micro-blogs such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Users are encouraged to share their comments and ideas.
- Video, Photo, and other Media The PM-ISE uses third-party sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Flickr to share videos or pictures that are informative and helpful to the public.
The privacy protections provided on third-party sites are not part of the official ISE.gov domain and will differ from the privacy protections described in this policy.
Comment Features on ISE.gov
Individuals who wish to make a comment on the ISE.gov website blog have the following options:
- Post a comment as an “anonymous” user (no account); or
- Provide a name.
In order to post comments to the ISE.gov official website blog, as well as to the official PM-ISE pages on third-party social media, users have the option of submitting comments on the official ISE.gov website as an “anonymous” user or providing their name.
Users are encouraged to share their comments and ideas on PM-ISE originated posts, but cannot independently post content to the ISE.gov website.
PM-ISE Comment Policy
The blog and comment features hosted by the PM-ISE on its official government website and on social media are provided as a means to facilitate dialogue with the public about the Information Sharing Environment. Comments are welcome at any time but will only be posted during regular business hours from Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be reviewed and posted as early as possible, which in most cases means the next business day.
For the official ISE.gov website, the PM-ISE will review all comments prior to posting and will not post comments that contain:
- Vulgar or abusive language;
- Personal attacks of any kind;
- Offensive terms that target specific groups;
- Spam or comments that are clearly "off topic";
- Commercial promotions;
- Information that promotes or opposes any political party; person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition;
- Reports of criminal or suspicious activity - if you have information for law enforcement, please contact your local police agency;
- Unsolicited proposals, or other business ideas or inquiries;
- Solicitations for contracting or commercial business; or
- Any claims, demands, informal or formal complaints, or any other form of legal and/or administrative notices or processes.
Comments with embedded links to external websites or applications may be viewed as spam and not posted.
The PM-ISE does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right not to post comments that do not adhere to these standards.
In addition, for postings to social media sites hosted by third parties, the PM-ISE reserves the right to remove those that do not adhere to the above standards.
The PM-ISE will not have access to, nor will collect, retain, or disseminate, personally identifiable or account information from users of third-party social media sites and micro-blogs who post comments, submit messages, or “follow,” “friend,” or “like,” its official pages.
You have the option of posting comments anonymously to the official ISE.gov website. If you voluntarily provide your name, and that comment is posted by PM-ISE, your name will not be redacted or removed. However, PM-ISE will not post comments on its official website that contain Social Security Numbers, home or business addresses, email addresses, or phone numbers.
Unless a copyright is indicated, information on ISE.gov or on our official presence on social media sites is in the public domain and may be copied and distributed without permission. When such information is copied or distributed, it is appropriate to cite to the PM-ISE and/or the ISE Blog as the source of the information. If a copyright is indicated on a video, photo, graphic, or other material, permission to copy the material must be obtained from the original source.
The PM-ISE complies with the records management and disposition policies prescribed by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI). Content generated from the PM-ISE’s use of social media, to include the ISE.gov website, ISE Blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. as well as any comments posted to those sites by public users are considered Federal records and are maintained accordingly.
The views expressed by members of the public on the ISE.gov website or the official pages that PM-ISE maintains via social media do not necessarily reflect the official views of the PM-ISE or the federal government.
The PM-ISE does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy of any information posted by individual users on the official ISE.gov website or the pages maintained by PM-ISE via social media. PM-ISE disclaims all liability for any loss, damage, or other injury resulting from the content of or reliance on any such information.
The PM-ISE does not endorse, support, or otherwise promote any private or commercial entity or the information, products, or services contained on any websites that may be reached through links on our website.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented, please contact PM-ISE’s Stakeholder Engagement Office. Reporters must submit questions to the Stakeholder Engagement Office through normal query channels.