What is the Standards Coordinating Council?
The Standards Coordinating Council (SCC), co-chaired by PM-ISE Kshemendra Paul, is an advisory group composed of industry consortium and standards development organizations that provides advice and counsel on matters related to information sharing standards and other issues related to responsible information sharing.
Who is on the SCC?
The SCC is an advisory group composed of industry consortium and standards development organizations, including but not limited to the Object Management Group, IJIS, Association for Enterprise Integration, Open Geospacial Consortium, American Council for Technology – Industry Advisory Council, OASIS, Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative, and the National Information Exchange Model Program Management Office. This list may continue to grow as necessary.
What are the goals of the SCC?
In addition to providing advice and counsel, we hope the SCC will help us advance responsible information sharing and information sharing standards. More specifically, some of their work includes helping to:
- Identify high-priority standards activities that can be coordinated across standards development organizations (SDOs) for greater return on resources
- Communicate stakeholder requirements to identify opportunities to develop or integrate technical and functional roadmaps
- Coordinate governance processes across SDOs to streamline standards development activities and to enhance communication, collaboration, and consensus between standards partners
- Coordinate outreach and training opportunities to reach a broader constituency
- Coordinate private sector standards activities with federal governance bodies such as the Federal CIO Council
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in helping us promote and advance information sharing standards, we welcome your support. We recommend that you:
- Engage the industry groups listed above.
- Attend a Workshop on Information Sharing and Safeguarding (WIS3) event.
- Subscribe to our Standards & Interoperability email list. As important information sharing standards issues and events arise, and as this effort evolves, we will communicate updates via that email list.
- Learn more about information sharing standards by browsing content on ISE.gov tagged with technical standards.
- Visit the ISE Blog and share your thoughts and ideas in the comments. We welcome your feedback!